We are a company that is committed to safety and providing a safe working environment for all of our people and anyone working on or near any of our projects. We have developed a comprehensive safety program that includes; extensive training, hazard elimination, risk assessment and management plans, continuous input from employees and staff and ongoing upgrades to our programs to keep us at the forefront of the safety in our industry.
If you are interested in a position, please contact us through our contact form.
CNC Mill Operator/Machinist
Goodman Steel Ltd. – Rocanville, SK
Produce machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keep records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions.
- Accomplishes the organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience within a Machine Shop environment.
- Excellent reading , writing and verbal skills in English required for receiving instructions and producing reports
- Demonstrate Health and Safety leadership by his/her personal commitment to health and Safety
Remuneration: This is to be a 3 month contractual position with the possibility of permanent full time to follow. Remuneration is negotiable and dependent on experience.
Thank you for your interest, but only qualifying applicants will receive a call back for an interview.
This position is to start immediately. No phone calls please.
Apply by mail to:
Goodman Steel Ltd.
Attn: Shelley Chase
Email resume to: email@example.com
Fax resume to: (306)645-2140