Goodman Steel’s objective is to provide the level of quality, safety and service that is expected by our customers. Our work force of over 50 employees work hard together to provide customers with products and service that meet today’s criteria with a great price along with high quality and service.
Blast / Paint
Our paint shop is fully heated and vented we are capable of painting multiple coats of paint including enamels, zinc primers, urethanes and hi-build epoxy. Our finished paint products go through a strict thickness test and blast profile.
Goodman Steel maintains a high level of quality, inspection, and reporting with the trained use of our quality manual, including procedures and related testing equipment.
We also offer Tile lining for our fabricated products.
Our blasting and paint facilities allows us to provide a complete and finished product that we can deliver right to our customer.
11,250 square feet of enclosed fabrication and processing area.
- 6-AXIS CNC Robotic Beam Line – Plasma cutting fabrication system downloads files directly from our software to process beam, channel, HSS, angle and plate. Process functions include measure and cut to length, coping, bevelling, slots, notches, mitre cuts, hole cutting and piece marking.
- CNC Plasma table (8’X12′) HPR 400XD. Bevelled head for weld preps + Oxy fuel head capable of cutting 4″ thk plate.
- 2 – 5t indoor overhead cranes
- Shear and brake
- Vertical Band saw
- Plate rolls
- GMAW, FCAW,SMAW,GTAW and MCAW
- CWB 47.1/47.2
- ASME Section, VIII, B31.1,B31.3 and CSA B51
- Mild Steel, Aluminum and Stainless Welding
- Outside Metal Storage Facility for all your metal needs(Mild Steel, Aluminum and Stainless)
- We offer detailing services using TEKLA structures + Inventor 3D modeling
Our machine shop housed in 6500 square feet, employs 14 machinists, welders and mechanics.
We are able to machine to customer’s specifications using:
- Vertical band saw 18”
- CNC vertical milling machines (3)
- Horizontal milling machine 4” spindle
- Drill presses
- Conventional lathes (5); maximum size 42” swing x 120” length
- CNC lathes (3); maximum size 22” swing x 72” length
Our vast and diverse past has given us training and experience in working with most carbon, stainless, and alloy steels, plus aluminum and plastics.
With our mechanics, we can also dismantle, diagnose and repair gear boxes, transmissions, pumps, power units.
Services Available through our Sub Contractors
- Powder Coating
- Site Installation
We repair National quintiplex and triplex pumps, from top to bottom.
We are an outlet for OEM parts, plus manufacture aftermarket parts where applicable.
We have been rebuilding J275 and J165 pumps for over 25 years.
Besides having a machine shop to perform all the necessary machining, our mechanics through specialized training can completely run all diagnostics and get the pump up and running as good as day one.
We are also experienced and able to repair centrifugal pumps, such as Warman or Weir pumps. Parts manufacturing to OEM specifications or customer specifications is done in our machine shop.
Another area of expertise is the front ends of horizontal miner boring machines. We have extensive knowledge and experience in design and manufacturing of cutting technology for these machines. We manufacture trim chain and bit block tooling plates. Our in-house engineering department can design based on our experience and the customer’s requirements to get the optimum ore cutting.