Goodman Steel Ltd. – Rocanville, SK
Produce machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keep records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T)
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling grooving and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communication actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes the organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience within a Machine Shop environment.
- Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail
- Excellent reading , writing and verbal skills in English required for receiving instructions and producing reports
- Demonstrate Health and Safety leadership by his/her personal commitment to health and Safety
Remuneration: Wage is $19.00-$26.75/hr depending on experience plus full benefits with pension plan
Apply to: Goodman Steel Ltd.
or Email: Steve Silvernagle